Thursday, September 13, 2012

Zentagle-Inspired Bracelet

After listing all the thing I might possibly do yesterday, here's a shocker: I went off in a completely 'nother direction! I got distracted by bright shiny objects!

I have been wanting to make a Zentangle themed bracelet for awhile (ever since I took up Zentangling a few months ago), and had these great ceramic beads which reminded me of tangling:

black and white striped ceramic beads

About 5-6 weeks ago, I experimented with them for a couple of days, trying different designs with wire. The results were .... laughable. Seriously - my "friend" Sonya laughed at the prototype pendant. Huh. Of course, I laughed, too. It was pretty pathetic. Sorry - no photos! Some things just don't need to be recorded for posterity!

Wire is not always my friend.

I restrung the beads, and put them back out in the shop for sale, but they kept calling to me.

Yesterday, I attacked from a different angle, and came up with this:


I love this bracelet! It is SO comfortable - and it's available on Etsy!


 And look how that button complements the design! The button is something I found and stashed away 5 years ago, and I found it yesterday while searching for a clasp for this design, and it couldn't be more perfect! I love the serendipity in that!

Does it make you feel "zen"?

This design works well for large holed beads, and I also made another one yesterday, using very different beads - come back tomorrow to check it out!

I also scrounged around and found all the beads I needed for a black and crystal beadwoven cuff like the one I made over the weekend; it was late when I got started, but I DID get started - so yesterday was pretty productive.

3 comments:

dreaminofbeads / SAS Jewelry Designs said...

wow that looks amazing! I really love it! You could not of had a better closure.

Karin Slaton said...

I do really, really love it. So glad you didn't give up on those beads. Your make-it-happen strategy is contagious - I have some beads on my own table that need a second look!

DeborahRead.com said...

Sweet
I love black and white and of course zentangles