Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Wednesday Worktable

Today, I have a couple of earring repairs on the workbench;

These belong to a regular customer who brings in lots of very old jewelry from India to be redesigned with a more modern look. They all feature gorgeous brass pieces - I love to see her bring these beauties in!

Last week I redesigned a necklace for her, removing a lot of turquoise beads and replacing them with undyed coral nuggets. The finished necklace was beautiful (don't know why I didn't photograph it?!), and the next day she brought in the matching earrings, asking again for the turquoise to be removed and the whole earring made "shorter." I can do that!

As far as the bottom pair goes (look at those rubies!) I have completely forgotten what I am supposed to do for them, but I have it written down.

Once these repairs are done, I have nothing on my beading agenda - here's what I MAY get into:
  • making another bracelet like the one I showed yesterday, this time in black and crystal (if I can scrounge up the beads...)
  • enameling some beads, beadcaps, and headpins so I can make the floral cascade necklace in Barbara Lewis's book (which would require setting up the whole enamel workstation....)
  • Poring through all the beadweaving patterns I have set aside for a day JUST LIKE THIS, and finally, actually, making one of them!
Things I will NOT be doing:
  • vacuuming dog hair off the Velcro-like carpet in the bead shop
  • dusting all the dusty nooks and crannies in the bead shop
  • counting the number of 15/0s in a 10-gram tube (I am frequently asked "how many beads in this tube?")
  • ditto, for the 11/0s in a 10-gram tube
Stay tuned - I know you are dying to find out what I do today!

Happy Wednesday!



1 comment:

dreaminofbeads / SAS Jewelry Designs said...

I agree with your do not do list!!! and you to do list sounds fun! I wonder if you will actually do any of those things?!?