Sunday, September 2, 2012

Speaking of Kumihimo...

Yesterday, I showed you the kumihimo necklace I started in the kumihimo class I taught last week.

One of the customers in that class just brought in the necklace SHE started in the class, and then finished at home - look at this beautiful "Clemson Kumihimo"!

orange and purple Kumihimo necklace

look at the cute ceramic tiger dangle!

Carmen is a huge Clemson fan, and created this beautiful piece in Clemson orange and purple. She added sterling silver cones, some beads I had enameled in matching orange, Swarovski crystals in orange and purple, and a sterling silver toggle. Then she found the cute ceramic tiger hidden (in plain sight, I swear!) in my shop, and decided this would be a front-closure necklace. Naturally!

She did a great job!