Friday, July 13, 2012

Cobalt Spiral with Venetian Glass Focal


I chose blue and gold lampwork beads for this spiral rope necklace, to accentuate the gold and deep cobalt blue in the gorgeous Venetian glass focal bead. Blues are SO hard to photograph - the blue in the focal is pretty true, but the blues in the spiral rope are photographing a little to sapphire-y, when they actually match the blue in the focal bead.

The basic beadwoven spiral is my go-to stitch - it works up quickly, and looks so radically different depending on the beads you choose. Love it!


2 comments:

Maggie said...

What a beautiful bead and you turned it into a masterpiece. I need to do something with the bead I bought in Venice in December. It's just a silly bead, but I like it.

Sweet Freedom said...

There are no silly beads, just silly beaders!