Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Worktable Wednesday

It's back to twisted tubular herringbone today!

Here is where I left off with this bracelet:


I took a few weeks off from all the various projects I'm currently working on in order to work on my Bead Soup Blog Party Projects, which I'm almost done with now. I can't believe it has been a whole month since I worked on this twisted herringbone bracelet - that's how Zombies are born!

This bracelet is featured in the August/September 2012 issue of Beadwork, and while I like to make up several projects from each beading magazine for the shop, to be honest: If I had had any idea how tedious, repetitive, and boring this bracelet is, I never would have taken it on! It seems like the individual strands will just never end!

I picked it up again Sunday, and here is where I am this morning:

Almost finished with the 4th strand! Yay!
Close up of the twisted herringbone tubes:
Once I finish the 4th strand, the pattern calls for sliding on some large hole beads to decorate them, attaching the other edge piece (which I have already stitched - double yay!), and making a clasp.

Problem: I OWN a bead shop, and do not have a single large-holed bead big enough to slide over these tubes! Some are close, but close won't cut it!

So, I plan to stitch up some beaded big hole beads to use - having never made any before, of course. Because that's the way I roll!

But first - I'm off to get my hair cut. I popped into the shop to drop off Bailey and make this post - gotta run!

Happy Wednesday!

No comments: