Sunday, August 19, 2012

Productivity and Celebration!

Yesterday was such a great day - I had a sale in my Etsy shop:

These are actually the first pair of enameled earrings I ever made - old school, kiln-fired! They remind me of "Starry Night".

Then, I finished TWO BSBP (Bead Soup Blog Party) projects that had been sitting on my workbench, waiting for some tedious assemblage work. Sometimes you just put stuff off, you know? But my BSBP reveal (August 25) is less than a week away, and I'm not done yet, so I was starting to sweat a little. Plus, I'm teaching a Kumihimo class on Wednesday, so there goes an entire design day!

So about 4:30 yesterday afternoon I plugged a DVD (Hunger Games, fresh from Netflix!) into the player, and started working on the BSBP designs. I stayed at the shop until about 8PM, LONG after it closed, finishing the movie AND these particular 2 pieces. I felt so relieved! Plus, my Dad called around 5PM, and we had a nice chat, too.
Teaser: These were my favorite beads out of the generous stash I received from my BSBP partner:

They are large (20 mm) delicate hollow glass beads, and there were 2 of them. I really wanted to use them, but not as earrings. And I figured out a way to work them into one of the 2 designs I completed yesterday - that was ice cream on the cake that was yesterday!

How am I celebrating? White Chocolate Raspberry Cappuccino - my favorite! Taking a couple of days off from jewelry design (although if I lived closer to my workspace, I would definitely be there today!), and doing a little reading. Pajama Day!

1 comment:

dreaminofbeads / SAS Jewelry Designs said...

I can't wait to see all the finished pieces. Did you like the Hunger Games? Wish I was not so far away, I really need that Kumi class as a refresher!