Friday, February 24, 2012

Bricks and Pearls

I call this necklace "Bricks and Pearls" because the handmade lampwork beads at the front of the necklace were called "Canyon Bricks" by the talented lampwork artisan who created them. They really do remind me of the walls of the Grand Canyon, too, with their beautiful colored horizontal striations, just like the various strata of rocks that line the Canyon walls.

I paired them with olive green keishe pearls, and am really happy with how this design turned out! It's available on Etsy, too...


2 comments:

Karin Slaton said...

Very, very striking mix. Purple, ambers, shades of brown mixed with those fantastic splashes of green -just my colors. Is there anything more decadent around your neck than keishi pearls? Okay, maybe diamonds...

dreaminofbeads / SAS Jewelry Designs said...

Wow! This necklace is stunning! The lampwork beads are really nice and I just love keishi pearls.
Sonya