Sunday, May 20, 2012

Metaphysics and Gemstones - Focus and Concentration

Since I was having a problem last week with focus, I thought I would devote today's post to those gemstones that are said to help increase your mental focus and ability to concentrate. These gemstones are purported to help you clear your mind, and focus on the task at hand.

While quite a few gemstones are reported to have these properties, I am going to limit this post to a few of the ones which are more readily available for jewelry design. Please refer to yesterday's post if you'd like to learn more about metaphysics or about the series of posts I am doing on the metaphysical properties of gemstones, in general.

As always, please note: This information is provided for entertainment purposes only, and should not be construed as diagnosis, prescription, or healthcare information, directives, recommendation, or advice. Please see a licensed healthcare provider for advice and recommendations regarding specific injuries or illnesses.

Gemstones which are reported to increase mental focus and the ability to concentrate include:

Hematite:





Lapis Lazuli:




Fluorite, in all its gorgeous colors:






Malachite:

And also, Carnelian, which I covered yesterday, for its reported abilities to boost creativity and artistic expression.

Here are a few pieces I have made using some of these gemstones:

This is a sterling silver necklace with a stunning faceted fluorite dangle, as well as some smaller pieces of fluorite and aventurine, Swarovski crystals, and freshwater pearls. Ironically, I specifically made this piece because of fluorite's reported abilities to increase focus and concentration, and I never wear it because I never remember that it is in my jewelry box! I had forgotten about it again I until I did a Google search for fluorite, and my own necklace popped up! Sad....

Malachite chip earrings


That's today's post - I'll be posting another soon - hope you enjoy them! These posts take quite a bit of time to research and compose, so I probably won't be doing them everyday, or with any particular regularity - I'll post one whenever the time and inclination collide to allow me to put one together!


If you would like me to address a particular metaphysical healing property, such as issues with fatigue, grief, headache, etc., please leave me a comment, and I will see what I can do.


1 comment:

Maggie said...

I love that you are doing these posts. I've gotten advice from someone who knows about these metaphysical properties when I was making gifts for people with serious illnesses. I like to believe the stones have these powers. Even if it's just the placebo effect, if it works, don't knock it.