Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Wednesday Worktable

Still working with the iolite fringe zombie project - and things are going so much better!

Last Saturday, I finished the first "fringe pass" - shown here:
The barely-visible red nymo was put on the necklace so I would know where the mid-point is, and the different spot where I wanted to vary the length of the fringe. When I first started (again) I thought this would come into play on this first pass, but I quickly changed my original plan (and love the result), but the red threads have gotten a little covered up (and one is completely invisible) so I need to remove them and retie them, and then I can start my second and FINAL fringe pass, where I plan to graduate the fringe length from short in the back to longer in the front.

I worked at the torch on Sunday, and took Monday completely off. Bead holiday! Sometimes you just have to, you know? And a customer ordered a custom beadwoven bracelet last Friday, so I started that yesterday, and hope to finish it sometime today, and then I will start fringing again!

And here is a fun postscript:
Kristi Bowman is hosting a copper focal blog hop - take a look. Sounds like fun!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

You are making good progress! Looking forward to seeing how the next round goes.