Monday, April 30, 2012

Blue, Green, and Copper Freeform Wire Cuff

Here is another freeform wire wrapped cuff, this one with green and blue beads that were just screaming to be paired with copper!
I formed the frame for the cuff from heavy, 12g square copper wire, and then started adding the beads in random zigzags from one side of the frame to the other, sometimes connecting the zigzags with another piece of beaded copper wire. I used round 24g copper wire for the beaded cross pieces.

The beads are a mixture of kiwi jasper, turquoise, matrix jasper, and various blue and green glass seed beads, with several shapes of copper beads and spacers interspersed.

I love freeform creating - it's a perfect fit for my personality: outside the box, with no rules! I hate rules! But whether it is freeform wire work or freeform beadweaving, the challenge is to always be thinking a couple of moves ahead, because even though it is "freeform," a little bit of planning is required, especially if you have certain elements that you know you want to fit into the finished piece.

Now, if I only had more time to express myself freely!

1 comment:

H.T. said...

HI:
Copper and green match in a perfect way.I love those colors and the way You've been expressing Yourself:-)
I've also done something free,I told You in yesterday's comment about.It's very pleasant work.Absoloutely different kind of creating.Each bead You put has the special meaning.They only seem to be looking accidentally.
I love Your free bracelet.This freedom tells me a lot about You:-)
Hugs-Halinka-