Saturday, February 9, 2013

More Picasso Glass

It's been 4 months since I did any glass fusing - and it seems like much longer! There is just not enough time in the day to do all the different things I want to do!

I turned the last Picasso glass run into pendants, and have been wanting some pieces to use as cabs for beading and soldering, so it was time to make more.

I spent all of yesterday, and about 3 hours this AM, cutting, cleaning, and stacking the glass. I ended up with two 6" x 6" glass slabs to fuse, one in cool blues, greens, and lilacs, and the other in warm reds, golds, and oranges:

cool blue, green, and lilac dichroic glass slab, ready for fusing in the kiln


warm red, gold, and orange slab, ready for fusing


I didn't have as much of the red, gold, and orange glass as I wish I'd had, so some other colors are sneaking in to this second slab - but a good 1/3 of it is in the brilliant hot palette I was going for.

This second slab is in the kiln now, and as soon as it comes out, the other will go in. Then, it will be time for engraving, shaping, and other cold working - I should get quite a few nice cabs from this effort, and probably a few pendants, too!

1 comment:

DeborahRead.com said...

Cant wait till their fused - they look amazing combos

I still have two sitting on my coffee table with intent to work on them