Saturday, September 21, 2013

It stinks in here!

I have fallen a little behind on my production schedule; I just took this batch of copper pieces through the Liver of Sulfur, and boy, did I stink up the bead shop!



I need to take the stuff outside and dump it, now that I'm done, but the shop has been steadily busy all day, so no chance to sneak outside. Yet. My customers are too nice to tell me how bad it stinks in here, but I popped out quickly to close the car windows (fixin' to rain again!) - and my eyes and nose started burning from the stench when I came back in!

Next up: I get to take steel wool to these pieces, and polish them up, and then I'll tumble them.

I still need to drill holes in some of the pieces I plan to enamel - that's a whole 'nother pile.

I had really hoped to already be enameling by this time, but it wasn't to be - and I'm teaching classes on Tuesday and Wednesday of next week, so it looks like maybe Thursday for the torch, depending on how quickly I can get the drilling done.

1 comment:

dreaminofbeads / SAS Jewelry Designs said...

Wow that is a huge pile. Can't wait to see the finished pieces.