Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tuesday Tangle: A River Runs Through It

A River Runs Through It

My idea was to have a zentangle "stream"  meander through my zentangle, acting as the string. So I thought, "why not use the 'River' tangle pattern as the stream? And pretty, meandering streams are blue, so let's use a blue pen for this section."

My meandering stream quickly turned into a raging river, taking up WAY more space on my paper than intended. This is a problem I keep running into (see last week's flower) - so I need to work on this!

I decided my river needed some river rocks lining its bed, and then I was left with very little space to tangle.
I put a striped, curvy Hollibaugh at the bottom, one I am calling Blockz in the middle, and then "Egyptian" at the top left. (This tangle may have another name - I don't know. I found it on a video of a master zentangling class, and the person using it called it "Egyptian" so that is what I call it, too!) In this case, now that I look at it here, it looks like the sun shining down on my River! 

No comments: