Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A couple of completed projects!

Just a little bit about 2 of my latest designs, both available in my Etsy shop:

This is a pendant I designed a couple of weeks ago:
It was largely created using various cold connections techniques, although I had to make the fused glass pieces in the kiln first. I then worked out a pattern on paper that would allow the glass to peek through a window in the copper, with a big focus on asymmetry, which I really love to play with.


This is a bracelet I created over the weekend:
I wire-wrapped hundreds of beads, including freshwater pearls, glass seed beads, and large aquamarine rondelles, to a sturdy bronze-colored frame. I love the blue, bronze, pink, and white palette - it is very soothing. The bracelet is easily adjustable to anywhere from a size 6 to a size 7.5 wrist.

And I actually have time this week to bead-weave, something I have really missed. I'm working on a freeform peyote bracelet, which I hope to showcase here this weekend.

2 comments:

PussDaddy said...

Both of those are very nice. The first one reminds me of a space ship for some reason.'

PussDaddy

Sweet Freedom said...

Thanks, Pam.

I totally see the spaceship thing! I love to create asymmetric and eclectic designs. This is one of my favorites!

Thanks for stopping by!