Sunday, May 18, 2008

One down, one to go


The first week of school is over, and I made some fabulous stuff!

I wasn't even enrolled in wire-wrapping, but I managed to sneak in a private class with one of the wire-wrapping teachers yesterday, and made this incredible bracelet. It is extremely heavy - made with 12 gauge gold-filled wire and 14 gauge sterling silver wire. A little hard on the hands to fabricate, but totally worth it - it is stunning.




Check out the clasp I made for it:


I'm keeping this one for myself! I would say I'll never take it off, but I will be elbow deep in the kiln tomorrow, slumping bracelets, so I can't wear any metal jewelry for the next few days.

This picture shows the freeform project I worked on in class last week. I didn't get to start it until Thursday afternoon, so I didn't complete it before class ended.
I got quite a bit more done on it today, but the clasp I want to use is back at home, so I can't completely finish it 'til I get home.

This isn't the greatest picture, but the beads I chose for the band shimmer like a mermaid's tail, and this one may be another project I can't let go of.

I need to turn off the computer, as I have some reading to do before fusing class in the morning.

6 more days until I can pick Bailey up at the kennel - I miss my baby!

4 comments:

Melody Marie Murray said...

Wow! That wire wrapping is stunning. Beautiful work.

Sweet Freedom said...

Thanks, melody!

PinkPoochDesigns said...

I love all the things you are creating, they are gorgeous!!

Sweet Freedom said...

Thanks - I am trying so hard!