Monday, May 27, 2013

2 New Resin Pendants

Happy Memorial Day!

These are 2 more of the pieces that I created during our marathon Cold Connections Workshop last week:

Metal dragonfly and blue flower resin pendant

  • A gold striped metal dragonfly (with gold rhinestone head and thorax!) -  (scrapbooking dept, naturally)
  • An iron flower, which I enameled bright blue
  • A paper branch with leaves (more from the scrapbooking section)
  • A bright red 6/0 seed bead for the flower's center

After cutting and prepping the copper, I placed all these objects where I wanted them, and added embossing powder. I tried to get fancy, and added a little green glittery embossing powder around the edges, but it all disappeared.  I love the mirror finish I got on this one - it is incredibly shiny (so shiny that I couldn't even get decent pics: every pic shows the reflection of my camera lens. Boo.)

This dragonfly pendant has 2 holes (and 18g copper jump rings) for hanging, and is available on Etsy.


Green quilled paper butterfly resin pendant

I chose a green quilled paper butterfly for this copper pendant, and I think it's really cute. It also has 2 holes (and 18g jumprings) for hanging, and is available on Etsy.

I still have lots more pieces to show from the Cold Connections workshop - stay tuned!

No comments: