Tuesday, February 3, 2009

So What Type of Blog IS this, you've probably been wondering....

I found this fun little site, which purports to analyze one's blog, and provide a mini-psychoanalysis of the author.

So, I jumped in with both feet - having little else to do except put out inventory at the store....


The site, which I believe is Swedish, translated back to English, is quick to disclaim:



Note: writing style on a blog may have little or nothing to do with a person´s self-perceived personality.



The Typealyzer indicates that I am of the type:


ESFP - The Performers


The entertaining and friendly type. They are especially attuned to pleasure and beauty and like to fill their surroundings with soft fabrics, bright colors and sweet smells. They live in the present moment and don´t like to plan ahead - they are always in risk of exhausting themselves. The enjoy work that makes them able to help other people in a concrete and visible way. They tend to avoid conflicts and rarely initiate confrontation - qualities that can make it hard for them in management positions.





Please recall the disclaimer above - I'd like to re-write it as:
Note: writing style on a blog may have little or nothing to do with a person´s self-perceived personality or actual, in fact, personality.

'Cause man, that analysis is way, way off. As 5 out of the last 5 people I started arguments with will attest. Including the oh-so-helpful customer service manager at my local Cable company, just this morning. Yeah, Lou - I'm talking about you.

The site further gives a little analysis of the brain parts the author uses while writing the blog:

Analysis


This show what parts of the brain that were dominant during writing.



Interesting, but I don't really know what to think about all this, except -

Whatever.

Can't wait for Bailey to give it a whirl!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hah! This is pretty cool and even though it was off, I'll have to give it a whirl. ;-) Thanks!

Sweet Freedom said...

Yeah, Sharon - I just love doing these weird web things - but this one was so totally off for me.

But interestingly, it was pretty right on for Bailey.

Weird.

Anonymous said...

That's funny! I ended up getting the same one you did. So curios now what Bailey's response was! ;-)

Sweet Freedom said...

'Tis weird, Sharon -
Bailey and I got exactly the same results, but we are nothing alike, personality-wise.

Can't explain that one....

The lady that sent me the link got a different response, so I know the thing doesn't just generate the same result for everyone -

But I think a lot of us creative types tend to get the same answer -

And of course, you may put on a different "face" for your public blog than you wear in private...