Friday, September 6, 2013

Black and White Tubular Herringbone Links

This necklace was featured in Step By Step Beads waaay back when I first started beading - the September-October 2007 issue. It was one of the first patterns I ever tore out of a magazine, placed in a plastic sheet protector, and filed in a binder, fully intending to tackle it one day. Unlike most of the patterns that now occupy TWO overstuffed 3-inch binders, I finally got around to this one last week! (I'm sure a lot of you can relate!)

tubular herringbone

I know what drew me to the pattern was the colors - I am almost magnetically drawn to anything black and white, especially if a dash of red is thrown in!

When I was looking for something new to start last week, I decided to page through my binders, saw this one, and was drawn to it all over again - it is tubular herringbone, it's easy, and pretty fast. It's fun thinking up new patterns for the black and white beads, too!













After months of beadweaving, I am going to start working on metal tomorrow - I have lots of new ideas I want to play with! Just gotta clean off my work bench, put tiny beads, needles, etc., away, and make room for all my hammers, the saw, the torch, and more!

2 comments:

Christine Altmiller said...

Crazy Cool!!! You say pretty fast, but it looks like it would take a few weeks. It is a fantastic piece!

Karin Slaton said...

I want one too! This is just heavenly! Wonder if that pattern is still available. Clicking over to Interweave right now...gotta make one for myself. Can't wait to see the new things you do with metal!