Saturday, August 25, 2012

My BSBP Reveal

This is my second time to participate in Lori Anderson's Bead Soup Blog Party (BSBP), and once again, I found myself challenged! [If you're interested, my first BSBP reveal is here.]

Here's how the BSBP works: you submit your name; get paired with a partner; exchange a focal bead, a clasp, and some coordinating beads with your partner; design a piece (or pieces) using the focal, the clasp, and incorporating some beads from your own soup, plus the extra beads from your partner if you wish, then wait until the reveal day to post your designs on your blog.

As a reminder, here are the beads I received from my partner, Kate Richbourg:

This box was crammed full of treasure - here are some "outtakes:"

semiprecious gemstone chips, kyanite, glass, howlite

3 silver clasps and some sari ribbon

various silver focals and charms

copper wire, solder, polishing pads

Amazing, right? I had no idea where to start!

Here are my completed designs - I will save the design chit chat for another day, so if you want the gory details, I'll be sharing them here over the next few days.

 kumihimo lariat, with Kate's gemstone chips and wing toggle (with amethyst patina)

enameled bead necklace, using sari ribbon and toggle (patinated antique gold) from Kate

copper cuff with sari ribbon and Kate's bird focal (patinated blue)

copper cuff, different view

charm/cha-cha bracelet, chock full of beads from my partner

charm bracelet detail, showing the sweet bee charm from Kate (which I patinated antique gold)

Spinner ring, using copper and large Czech glass crystal from my partner

If I worked from now until Christmas, I don't think I could use up all the beads my generous partner sent me!

As a reminder, here are some of the beads I sent Kate:
enameled beads in blue and brown, plus brown freshwater pearls

copper toggle with enameled bar

copper wire-wrapped pendant

I can't wait to see what she's created! Please pop over and see Kate's reveal, and I hope you can spend some time hopping around and visiting the other BSBP participants - we appreciate your comments!

Here is a list, to help you with your hopping:
Hostess, Lori Anderson, Pretty Things

Agi Kiss, Moonsafari Beads 
Alice Peterson, Alice Dreaming
Alison Sachs, Beads by Earthtones
Amanda Dittloff, Passion Smashin'
Andra Marasteanu, Bijoux de Monanage
Angie Szlovak, SweetBeads
Anitra Gordy, Leelu Creations
Ann Sherwood, Ann's Blog
Arlene Dean, A Glass Bash
Audrey Belanger, Dreams of an Absolution
Barb Solem, Vivi Magoo Presents
Barbara Blaszczyk, laboratorim Flory
Bianca Odenthal, Zydies Glasperlen
Birgit Klughardt, GitesBeads
Bobbie Rafferty, Beadsong Jewelry
Bonnie Coursolle,  Jasper Gems
Cece Cormier, The Beading Yogini
Charlene Jacka, Clay Space
Cherrie Fick, En La Lumie're
Cheryl Foiles, Get Your Bead On
Christie Murrow, Charis Designs Jewelry

Christina Miles, Wings n Scales
Christina Stofmeel, Feng Beads
Christine Stonefield, Sweet Girl Design
Cindy Cima Edwards, Live to Design
CJ Bauschka, 4 His Glory Creations
Claire Smith, Embergrass Jewelry
Cynthia Riggs, Cynth's Blog
Dana Fowler, Trunk Full of Treasure
Dawn Pierro, Turtle Moon Designs
Dee Elgie, Cherry Obsidia
Donetta Farrington, Simply Gorgeous

Dot Lewallwn, Speedie Beadie
Eileen Snyder, Dorset Hill Beads
Elizabeth Bunn, Elizabeth Beads
Eva Kovacs, Ewa gyongyos vilaga!
Evelyn Duberry, Sheba Makeda
Fay Wolfenden, Torch Fairy
Fen Li, Bead Flora Jewels
Gail Zwang, Angel Moose Enterprises
Geneva Collins, Torque Story
Grace Dorsey, Fan of the Flame
Gretchen Nation,  Art Food Lodging

Hannah Annear, Squintessential
Hajer Waheed, My Beaded World
Heather Goldsmith, As I Bead It
Heather Otto, The Craft Hopper
Heidi Kingman, My Bead Therapy
Hope Smitherman, Crafty Hope
Isolina Perez, Isolina Perez
Jacqueline Keller, CreARTelier
Jane Haag, Did You Make Something Today?
Janeen Sorensen, Wild Vanilla Designs
Jean Peter, Jean P. Designs

Jennifer Judd, Jen Judd Rocks
Jennifer L Justman, Soul's Fire Designs
Joanna Matuszczyk, Bizuteria z filcu
Joanne Brown, Jo's Jewels
Joanne Lockwood, Jo Bunkum
Joyce Becker, Joyce's Joyful Gems
Judy Riley, Three Red Beads
Karen Mitchell, Over the Moon Design
Karen Williams, Baublicious
Karin von Hoeren, Creative Ideen

Karla Morgan, Texas Pepper Jams
Kashmira Patel, Sadafule .. always in bloom!
Kate Richbourg, We Can Make That at Home

Katrin Lembke, AllesPerle
Kathy Combs, Torched in Texas
Kathy Lindemer, Bay Moon Design
Kay Thomerson, Kayz Kreationz
Kelley Fogle, My Life, One Bead at at Time
Kelly Hosford Patterson, Traveling Side Show

Klaudette Koon, Only Road
Lara Lutrick, Lampwork Beads by Lara
Laura Guenther, Blue Antiquities

Laurie Lalonde, Simply Mod Jewelry
Lilik Kristiani, Soul of My Embodiment
Linda Younkman, Lindy's Designs
Lisa Chapman, Beach Cat Beads
Lisa Lodge, Pine Ridge Treasures
Loretta Carstensen, Designs by Loretta
Lori Bergmann, Lori Bergmann Design
Lori Dorrington, Lori's Adventures in Etsy Land
Lupe Meter, Gem's PC Corner
Lynn Davis, LLYYNN

Malin de Koning, Beading by Malin
Mandi Effron, Craft-o-licious
Mandy Williamson, Mimi's Beading
Margot Potter, The Impatient Crafter
Maria Rosa Sharrow, Willow Street Shops
Marianne Baxter, Simply Seablime Jewelry
Marina Dobrynina, Savon Feutre
Marjolein Trewavas, Room for Change
Marelene Cupo, Amazing Designs
Marsha Neal, Marsha Neal Studio

Marta Kaczerowska, uhuhu
Mary Govaars, MLH Jewelry Designs
Melissa Trudinger, Bead Recipes
Menka Gupta, Menka's Jewelry Blog
Michelle Burnett, Reverie and Revival
Michelle Escano-Caballero, The Cabby Crafter
Miko Wiropati, Uniquely Yunikua
Milla Hope,  LB Creative Arts and Crafts
Mimi Gardner, Other Curiosities
Miranda Ackerley, MirandackArts
Natalie McKenna, grubbi

Noemi Baena, fuego, metal, y color
Pam Ferrari, Ferrari Originals
Pam Sears, Crazy Creative Corner
Penny Neville, Copper Penny
Rachel Baron, R. Baron Designs
Rachel Myers, Rockabead Jewelry
Rana Wilson, Definitive Designs by R. Wilson
Rebecca Anderson, Song Beads
Rebecca Sirevaag, Becca's Place
Riki Schumacher, Riki Jewelry

Rose Binoya, Ahtee's Blog
Rossana De Gaspari, Rdegas Blog

Sandi James, Do Be Do Bead Do
Sandi Volpe, Sandi Volpe
Sandra Wollberg, City of Brass Stories
Sarah Goode, Pookledo

Sarah Small, blog by salla
Shai Williams, Shaiha's Ramblings
Shawn Mills, Shawn Marie Designs with Bent Wire
Sheila Davis, Stone Designs by Sheila

Sheryl Stephens, Babble Bead
Shiraz Biggie, Secret Song Designs


Solange Collin,  Ahowin Handcrafted Jewelry
Sonya Stille, Dreamin' of Beads
Stephanie Dixon, The Dixon Chick
Susan Kennedy, Sue Beads
Susan Sheehan, Strands of Thought
Suzann Sladcik Wilson, Beadphoria
Sweet Freedom, Sweet Freedom Designs
Tabatha Dinger, Modernly Created
Tania Hagen, Pelima Jewellery Design

Tanya Boden, Fusion Muse
Terri Gauthier, Blooming Ideas
Terry Carter, Tapping Flamingo
Tracy Stillman, Tracy Stillman Designs


Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog, and to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! If you are interested in design details and behind-the-scenes creation tidbits, please come back over the next few days, as I will be going in-depth into the creation of each of the pieces I've shown you today. Thanks!

edited to add: kumihimo lariat design process is detailed here
                       enameled bead necklace with sari ribbon is detailed here! 
                       Vintaj charm bracelet design process detailed here! 
                       sari ribbon cuff with blue bird is detailed here!
                       crystal spinner ring is detailed here!
 

71 comments:

Lupe Meter said...

Wow...what an awesome bead soup!! Your creations are all so beautiful! Nice job!

Vivi Magoo said...

Very lovely pieces! Great job!

Charis Designs said...

Love the different beads in the kumihimo- something I'm going to tackle next. Great job :)

Mags said...

What a lovely soup, you used it so well, every piece is beautiful!

Karin Slaton said...

Lesley, you have taken kumihimo to new heights of sparkle and texture. And if there's such a thing as a "statement" charm bracelet, you've created it. Love all your pieces, and look forward to reading about your process this week.

Shirley said...

You did such a beautiful job on your soup. I love the cha cha bracelet, and that spinner ring is awesome! I've got to come back and hear your details, especially since I recently started kumi, and I love that design!

dreaminofbeads / SAS Jewelry Designs said...

OMG, I just adore your creations! I am not sure if I could pick a favorite, maybe the charm bracelet and the sari and enameled bead necklace, stunning! I wish I could do kumihimo, you are really a Master! The sari ribbon and blue bird bracelet are really cool,love the two colors together.
Sonya

dreaminofbeads / SAS Jewelry Designs said...

I forgot to say, I can't imagine how you made that cool ring, looking forward to hearing the gory details!

Kate Richbourg said...

HOLY COW!!!!! Leslie your creations are so wonderful. I am so pleased that you liked your beads. I can't choose may favorite piece, they are all so lovely.

I loved, loved, loved the things that you sent. Your enamel work was lovely and accented the clasp and centerpiece to a T!

Enjoy!

Loretta said...

What a beautiful selection of beads. Your partner was indeed generous.

You are so creative. I loved everything you made. Especially the green bracelet.

Maggie said...

I've been waiting to see these and you didn't disappoint! Love them all, but I think that wrapped cuff is my favorite. There's just something about adding fabric to jewelry that still excites me. That spinner ring is pretty fantastic too.

Lupe Meter said...

Thank you for posting on mine! Love your kumihimo by the way. I love it!

Jo-Ann said...

Wow!! The kumihimo piece is amazing. I need to move to the next level with my attempts to use it in a design.

Shiraz said...

Love that first lariat. It reminds me of rock candy! Beautiful job.

Shai Williams said...

What beautiful pieces! I can't even begin to decide which is my favorite because they are all so awesome.

AllesPerle said...

Very creative! I like every single piece. Good job!

EWA gyöngyös világa! / EWA's World of Beads! said...

Beautiful works,lovely design! Congrats!

tappingflamingo said...

everything is very nice. I especially love that cuff!

Cece Cormier said...

My favorites are the cuff with the sari ribbon and that cha cha bracelet. Looking good all of it.

Rachel said...

I love the enameled necklace, but they all are beautiful! Amazing job!

Kathy Combs said...

Leslie, your creations are wonderful. Love them all, but really liking what you did with the fabric wrap on the copper cuff. Very well executed!

Ann said...

Great job. My favorite is the lush dangly bracelet. I love to wear that kind of bracelet it's such a fun noise to hear.

Alice said...

Both bead soups are wonderful. You made so many fabulouse pieces, and I just love that spinner ring!!!!

Rdegas said...

Beautiful creations!

Sheila Davis Designs said...

I love the cha-cha bracelet!

DeborahRead.com said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE them all
Amazing projects

Janeen said...

I *love* your second piece. The kumihimo lariat is such a great idea. The cha-cha bracelet is so fun too! What a great collection of soup ingredients. And I love the colors of what you sent Kate!

uhuhu said...

Everything you made is so beautiful!
I love the cuff with bird focal!

YeeLen Spirit Designs said...

Wow so beautiful, so unique. I wonder how you made the first neclace... I love all of them , very great job.

Pepita said...

oh, so many goodies and so many interesting pieces. Good job!

Loris Glassworks said...

I love your designs, my favorite is the bracelet. I LOVE charm bracelets and your's is fabulous! I would love to wear it with my favorite jeans for a casual night out on the town. Great job with your soup ingredients. Cheers!
Lori D.

bwheather said...

These are all so good, but I'm totally drooling over that blue charm bracelet. ;-)

Karen Williams said...

What a fun collection! Each one is so unique.

I think my favorite is the spinner ring for some reason though. Maybe because it seems like both art and a wearable toy at the same time? Bored in a meeting, play with your wonderful fun spinner ring! :)

BlueAntiquities said...

Love your creations, especially like the cuff! Very unique! Laura

A Polymer Penchant said...

oh my, you sure did have quite the loot to start. I love what you did with it, certainly made a dent. I love that copper cuff, I don't think I've seen the ribbon woven quite like that before, so pretty!

Giorgia Rossini said...

I love all your pieces, my fave is cuff with bird.
great job!
ciao dall'Italia

Cindy Cima said...

Very cool soup! Love your necklaces! the bracelet cuff is amazing!The charm bracelet is to die for! The spinner ring is super cool! Fantastic job!!!

coolmoon said...

GORGEOUS lariat! I love that you used chips rather than seed beads for the kumihimo braid - must have been pretty hard to string them all though - chip holes are TINY!
Very impressed.

Donetta said...

Oh, so PRETTY! You made some really beautiful pieces, so inspiring.

Unknown said...

What a fantastic collection. I wouldn't have known where to start. Fantasti soup!

Isolina Perez said...

Love, love hoe you enameled the wing!!! Stunning piece!!

Bonnie said...

I just love the cha cha charm bracelet.

KayzKreationz said...

Wow! Gorgeous. I really like the enameled bead necklace. And that Kumihimo necklace is awesome. I just got a Kumihimo disc and am wanting to try something like this, but know I need to start simple first. I love it. And I love that chunky, charmy bracelet. Just my style.

Riki Schumacher said...

Oh great job!! Love all the designs, and your enameled beads are great! Thanks for dropping by, Riki

Unknown said...

Nice job...very interesting result!!!

roomforchange said...

Fantastic. I love the way you coloured the toggle purple to match!! I have to figure out how you did that!

Lori Anderson said...

WOW! Absolutely stunning. I love the wavy disks between the enameled beads in your necklace, and the kumihimo is amazingly rich. The bracelet is gorgeous as well -- it's hard to pick a favorite so I'll just say I love them all!

Cris Peacock said...

Amazing, YES!! So many wonderful beads and goodies to work with!! And so many different techniques you've used--every one a delight!

Linda Younkman said...

Love all of your pieces. I love how you used the chips in a lariat style. The beads you sent your partner were awesome. Love the toggle and the focal bead!

Jean A. Wells said...

Everything you made is beautiful. Love that ring. And, yes, now I can see that enameling is one of your talents! I saw the necklace that your partner made with your pieces and it is gorgeous. You must be very proud. I'm sure you made her very happy. Great job!

Joanne said...

Fantastic pieces! My favourite is the enameled beads necklace. Lovely :)

moonsafari said...

Those are truly amazing jewelry! I can't even tell which one I like the best, there is someting in all of them I love so much.

Lori Bergmann said...

Ooh, I LOVE what you did with your soup—especially that necklace with the lovely Sari ribbon and enameled beads! I just bought supplies to try enameling my own metal beads too and your work is giving me a great kick in the pants to get started! ;-D I also appreciate you stopping by my blog earlier too! *Ãœ*

CraftyHope said...

You really did receive quite a haul from your partner! And the pieces you created are outstanding! I'm particularly fond of the spinning ring. It's such a neat design. Well, they're all neat designs. You really outdid yourself :)

Becky Pancake said...

Awesome!! all 5 of your designs are amazing. Very artistic & unique pieces. I like the bracelet the best.

Becky Pancake said...

Awesome!!! Your designs are amazing. Very artistic & unique.I like your bracelet the best.

Becky Pancake said...

Awesome!! all 5 of your designs are amazing. Very artistic & unique pieces. I like the bracelet the best.

Klaudete said...

I absolutely LOVE the kumihimo lariat, but they're all great, I would've been overwhelmed with so much soup!

Unknown said...

Love your soup! Your pieces are very imaginative and creative!

Therese's Treasures said...

All your pieces are beautiful! I love the Kumihimo Lariat and the Charm/Cha Cha bracelet.
Therese

Karen Mitchell said...

Love the kumihimo! I've just started adding beads to the braid, can't wait to try gemstones. The sari and blue bird bracelet are gorgeous.

CreARTelier - Jacqueline Keller said...

i can't imagine how that kumihimo thing works, but it looks fantastic! and 'm an absolutly fan from your chacha bracelet!
great job!
greets
jacqueline

Unknown said...

Yes please.... I so could wear your pieces.Love and Hugs Tanya

Leah Curtis said...

What a great soup! So many beautiful beads and creations to choose from...I love that first necklace. What you did with those gemstone chips is SO clever!

Kepi said...

Very nice work!

Elizabeth Beads said...

Wow, awesome work!

RanaLea said...

What beautiful pieces you created! I'm seriously in awe... gorgeous!

fay ................................................... said...

All I can say is WOW!! you did a fantastic job with all your stuff. Especially the spinner ring! Love the bracelet too!!

Anonymous said...

Some great designs, and I really like the cuff!

baymoondesign said...

Yourr partner was very generous and you were certainly up to all that was sent. I love all of your designs. The bird on the bracelet turned out great. Well dome!

Christine said...

Gorgeous pieces! Love the amazing lariat!