Questions posed by my Beadwoven Bail post a few days ago have prompted this follow-up.
As a reminder - here is the original lampwork bead, unadorned:
The bead gave me issues, though, because I would hold it, and rub it, and ponder it, but couldn't figure out a way to string it! Those 2 asymmetrical holes at the top were mocking me! So, ultimately, I decided to sacrifice this bead to the bead shop, and offer it up for sale.
Where it proceeded to stump everyone, and it sat, unsold, for about 4 years. (Yeah, I've had this bead for a long time!)
I finally came to accept that it was never going to sell if I didn't make it more functional, and that is when I started playing around with different bail options, finally hitting upon the solution I blogged about a couple of days ago:
So, sorry ladies, but I can't show you the finished necklace! But I'm sure she made something gorgeous - all her creations are wonderful! And this beautiful bead went to a wonderful home!