Sunday, July 6, 2008

I Conquered the Byzantines!

I taught myself the Byzantine pattern this afternoon -

One of the beading magazines had instructions, so after lunch I grabbed my pliers and my jumprings, and settled down to learn something new.


After 45 minutes, I had this:




And 3 hours later, I ran out of jumprings, but my design was long enough to attach a toggle, so now I have a byzantine bracelet!






Opening and closing all those jumprings hurts my arthritic wrist, but I am just crazy about chainmaille!


As soon as I secure some more jumprings, I'll be making more of these - this pattern is gorgeous!

But for now, I've got some wire-wrapping to attend to....

2 comments:

Melody Marie Murray said...

Wow, that's great! Sounds like you had fun learning it, and got a beautiful bracelet too!

Sweet Freedom said...

Melody - it really IS fun! But I am going to have to get a couple of cortisone injections in my wrist and thumb before I do it again!

And I still had time today to finish my first collaboration with SandFibers - details to follow...