Monday, July 21, 2008

I am addicted to chainmaille...

Look at these fabulous earrings and matching bracelet!

I made them with niobium jump rings in blue, rose, gold, and bronze, and galvanized glass seed beads, using the shaggy rope chainmaille pattern.

The muted jewel tones give them a very organic feel, and I think they look absolutely fabulous.

I am absolutely addicted to chainmaille - I have made 3 very different pairs of earrings, and 5 bracelets, including a pair of bracelets commissioned by a man and wife, using gold and silver jump rings. I also have made half of a byzantine necklace, but I ran out of jumprings and am waiting for the order to arrive so I can finish it.


I am going back to William Holland in mid-August to take chainmaille classes, but this is like some crazy passion - I would rather do chainmaille than anything else right now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous work my friend!! I'll bet those classes will be loads of fun!!

Sweet Freedom said...

Thanks, Sharon!

I can't wait to go back to school - it is so much fun there, and this time, I get to take Bailey with me!

Plus I will come back with so many new ideas....